This was posted at DU, so I’ll post it here, too. Add any contact info/ideas you might have in the comments.
Just talked to Kerry’s office in Boston….
I was told that Reid is on board for the filibuster – but calls need to be made to Landrieau, Salazar, Johnson, and Byrd BY EVERYONE no matter your location.
Robert Byrd (WV)
311 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
Web Form: http://www.byrd.senate.gov/byrd_email.html
FAX: (202) 228-0002
Mary Landrieu (LA)
724 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
Web Form: http://www.landrieu.senate.gov/contact/index.cfm
FAX: (202) 224-9735
K. Salazar (CO)
UNITED STATES SENATE WASHINGTON DC 20510
Web Form: http://salazar.senate.gov/contact/email.cfm
FAX: (202) 228-5036
Johnson, Tim- (D – SD) Class II
136 HART SENATE OFFICE BUILDING WASHINGTON DC 20510
Web Form: johnson.senate.gov/emailform.cfm
Also, worth a shot:
Susan Collins (ME)
461 Dirksen Senate Office Building, Washington, DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-2523
Web Form: http://collins.senate.gov/public/
FAX: (202) 224-2693
Olympia Snowe (ME)
154 Russell Senate Office Bldg., Washington DC 20510
Phone: (202) 224-1946
FAX: (202) 224-1946
Here’s a one-click form to contact Barack Obama, Chris Dodd, Joey Lieberman, Joe Biden, Dick Durbin, Evan Bayh, Olympia Snowe, Harry Reif, Hillary Clinton, Lincoln Chaffee, and Russ Feingold, and tell them to support the filibuster.
I believe we really can stop Alito by Monday at 4:30 p.m. – but here’s what we must do.
1. Ignore the media whores. Karl Rove is feeding them lies as he always does, and they are swallowing those lies as they always do. The only media that matters is the media we are creating right here by calling each Senator and getting a YES or NO statement from them.
2. Keep calling the Senators who are undecided or opposed to a filibuster. You can call their DC office all weekend and leave polite but firm voicemails urging the Senators to support Kerry’s filibuster. When offices open on Monday 9 a.m. ET, make another round of calls. Let’s shut down the Capitol switchboard on Monday!
3. Call the DNC (202-863-8000) and the DSCC (202-224-2447) and tell them your 2006 contributions will depend on the success of the Alito filibuster. Tell them they need to get every Democratic Senator on board.
4. Wake up the sleeping bloggers. Where are the biggest blogs, including DailyKos.com, TalkingPointsMemo.com, CrooksandLiars.com, and AmericaBlog.com? (Complaining about how Democrats played last week won’t cut it -we’re in the Super Bowl and we can win this damn game if we get Democrats to play their best game on Monday – and hopefully the rest of this coming week.) Thanks to Agonist, BobGeiger, BradBlog, BuzzFlash, CultureKitchen, The Democratic Daily, DemocraticUnderground, Eschaton, Firedoglake, Mahablog, MakeThemAccountable, Mike Malloy, NewsDissector, OpEdNews, Mark Crispin Miller, Ostroy Report, PoliticalWire, Randi Rhodes, RudePundit, Vichy Democrats, The Young Turks, and everyone else who’s plugging this.
Hey, we must be everybody else!
5. Lend a hand to real-world groups like NOW, People for the American Way, Americans United, BackboneCampaign, Feminist Majority, Moveon, NARAL, Planned Parenthood, and Working Assets Long Distance, which have worked tirelessly for two months to Stop Alito.
6. Call talk shows like Air America, C-SPAN, etc. and talk about what we’re doing on this blog and how we’re killing ourselves to stop Alito – and how we can win if everyone who cares about the future of our Democracy joins us.
7. Keep hope alive – because American Democracy is worth it!!!